Start the school year strong with Super Study Skills
- Take notes to help you remember the most important ideas and concepts. Make your notes on each point brief. Use your own words to summarize the ideas.
- Read over your notes after class and fill in other details. Connect the new information to something that you already know to enhance understanding and memory. [See Cornell notes video link below for more details on this effective system.]
- Each day challenge yourself to find something new to learn in each class. Share what you learned with a parent or peer. Sharing it reinforces it for you.
- Attend all classes and be engaged while you are there. SLANT helps you do that. [See SLANT video link below for more information.]
- See your teacher to ask questions, get clarification, learn more. It also helps when your teacher sees you as an interested student who wants to do well
- Enjoy the learning process!